Coronavirus Pandemic – All Motel & Hotel Transient Rentals Temporarily Suspended
SEASIDE STRONG news – Seaside Heights NJ Office of the MAyor reports:
Coronavirus State of Emergency. Emergency Order #6. April 5, 2020.
In accordance with the power vested in me pursuant to N.J.S.A. App. A:9-40.5, I, Erik Hershey, Emergency Management Coordinator for the Borough of Seaside Heights do hereby order as follows:
1. The Borough of Seaside Heights shall implement Administrative Order #2020-8, executed by Col. Patrick J. Callahan, State Director of Emergency Management.
2. This order will be effective at 8:00 p.m. today and shall remain in effect during the State of Emergency or until further notice.
3. All accommodations businesses in the Borough of Seaside Heights, including hotels, motels, guest houses, private residences, and lodging properties of any kind shall not accept any new transient guests or seasonal visitors. Reservations for transient rentals during the State of Emergency that have been booked to commence after 8:00 p.m. tonight shall be cancelled or rescheduled.
4. This order shall not apply to transient active duty military personnel, first responders, health care workers, construction workers engaged in public sector projects occurring in Ocean County, and any other person specifically exempt by paragraph 2 on page 2 of Administrative Order #2020-8.
5. Violation of this order may result in the immediate temporary revocation of a violating accommodation business’s mercantile license and certificate of occupancy. The immediate suspension shall remain in effect until further order of the Seaside Heights Emergency Management Coordinator or Borough Council.
Emergency Management Coordinator
Countersigned and acknowledged by:
Anthony E. Vaz, Mayor